Remove arrows from Windows shortcut icons.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
Remove shortcut arrow
Clear the standard arrows on Windows shortcuts.
To remove arrows from Windows shortcuts, you must edit certain registry entries. However, many methods presented on the Internet do not remove the arrows or cause the arrows to turn black.
This application creates an ICO file optimized to remove the arrows from shortcut icons and registers the path to that file in the registry.
You must have administrator privileges to run the application.
- Double-click on remove-shortcut-arrow.exe in the bin directory
- If you get a Windows Smart Screen warning, go to "More Info" -> "Run anyway" and allow it to run
- If asked to do so with administrative privileges, select "Yes"
- Once executed, log out and log in again and the arrow will disappear
If you want to restore the arrow, run restore-shortcut-arrow.exe and do the same.
This application does not display any messages at all for the following reasons.
- Reduce program dependencies so that it can be run in as many different environments and situations as possible
- To reduce program size
- As long as you have sufficient permissions, execution usually does not fail.
If you want to know if the execution is successful or not, enter the following command via the command prompt.
start /wait remove-shortcut-arrow.exe
If you see 0, it has completed successfully.
Report a bug
If an error occurs and you would like us to correct the symptom, please report the error in one of the following ways.
- Generate a new issue at Issue in the project
- Send an email to "email@example.com", the address dedicated to bug reports
When reporting, please remember to complete the following fields.
- OS version (including whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Whether or not the system is running with administrator privileges
- Detailed error description
The license is CC0 1.0 Universal and freely available to everyone.
- 1.0.2 released 12 months ago
- Copyright © 2022, dokutoku